The mission of International EECP Society (IEECPS) is to develop, train, and educate physicians and other healthcare professionals, promote patient awareness and global acceptance of Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) and External Counterpulsation (ECP) therapy in its endeavor to improve the quality of life for all.
The members of IEECPS will uphold the highest ethical behavior, honesty and integrity to safeguard the interest of patients, develop evidence-based data to support and expand EECP/ECP clinical applications, promote growth of knowledge, train and educate others and inform the public about EECP/ECP therapy.
Our goals are to develop EECP/ECP as a primary therapy to prevent occurrence and slow progression of ischemic diseases in cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, endovascular and peripheral vascular systems.
- Board of Trustees: Consist of the Officers of the IEECPS who will oversee all procedures and regulations governing the business of the Society, including goals and mission.
President – Gregory Barsness, MD
Senior Vice President – Guifu Wu, MD
Chief Clinical Officer – Ozlem Soran, MD
Executive Director – Larry Liebman
- Board of Governors: Members elected to represent each of the following eight regions: North America, South America, China, Russia, Europe, South East Asia, India, and the Middle East/Africa to serve as liaisons to the Society’s headquarters. The Chairperson of the Board of Governors also serves as a member of Board of Trustees. The Board of Governors will be elected every three years.
- Committees: Committees will be established to carry out the tasks of the Society, including guidelines and document development, expert consensus documents, membership requirements, training, performance measures.
- Membership: The levels of membership of the Society are:
- Site: EECP/ECP treatment sites that potentially have multiple physician and therapist members.
- Fellow: Recognized experts in EECP therapy with evidence from his/her community as specialist or scientist. Fellows are elected by invitation and sponsorship of at least one Fellow.
- Member: Physician with documented training in EECP therapy and cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, or endovascular disease.
- Associate: Nurses, practitioners, technicians, physician assistants, therapists and practice administrators with one recommendation from a member of the society.
To be determined
Relationship with Industry
The Society accepts support from industry, medical community groups and organizations and member contributions with full disclosure of the relationship and in compliance with all regulatory rules, codes and policies.